20 QUESTIONS TO ASK
YOUR POTENTIAL IN-BUILDING WIRELESS PARTNER
As you embark on the process of choosing an in-building wireless partner, make sure to ask the right questions. Here are the top 20 to include on your list:
Ask About: Details of the System
- Is the solution 5G ready?
- What are the up-front costs and when do I start paying?
- Is the solutions considered CAPEX or OPEX?
- What type of system do you deploy? DRAN, Traditional DAS, BDA passive (Bi-Directional Amplifiers)?
- Who maintains and upgrades the system after deployment? Who will operate the system after installation? Who do I call with issues?
- What if I have a tenant moving-in or renovating, do you help with any changes that might occur?
- What is the long-term support and what is included?
- Can your system cover multiple buildings or an entire campus?
- What is the scalability of your system? Are technology upgrades and changes included in your pricing?
- Is there a marketing agreement or Letter of Understanding? What is the length of the agreement, is it binding or exclusive, and for what term? What do I get for it?
Ask About: Their Carrier Engagement
- Can you provide carrier letters of support?
- Do you enter a Service Level Agreement with the carriers?
- Is your network design carrier approved prior to deployment?
- Do you work with the carriers during deployment? Such as system integration process?
- Will you provide optimization throughout the life of the system if the carrier makes technology or macro changes?
Ask About: Their Service Level
- What type of service level guarantees do you provide and what is the escalation process to secure issue resolution?
- Do you enter a Service Level Agreement with me, the property owner/building management?
Don’t Get Caught with the ‘Free System’ Myth
- For those offering a carrier-funded solution: Why is your system “free” when everyone else is asking me to pay? What’s the catch?
- If a “free” system is being proposed what is the timeframe of carriers joining the system? Can you guarantee that timeframe?
- With your “free” system, is there any roof space being proposed for a cell site?
Copyright © 2021 by Airwavz Solutions, Inc. May not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without permission