Airwavz Solutions, Inc. is a leading wireless infrastructure company that designs, develops and delivers wireless infrastructure platforms as a service for building owners, service providers and enterprise customers to flexibly and economically solve the coverage and capacity challenge created by the explosion of mobile device use indoors. We are seeking a networking engineering professional to join our fast-paced team and support the aggressive growth of Airwavz Solutions’ products and services in the commercial real estate space.
The Telecommunications Network Engineer will report to and work directly with the Managing Director of Engineering to provide strategic support using their extensive skills in validating design deployment, commissioning, integration and activation to ensure acceptance of company networks to the Airwavz portfolio. Working out of the headquarters facility in Charlotte, NC is preferred but remote applicants will be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
A successful candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as system matter expert for commissioning/integration activities.
- Support all post construction system activation activities (Activation, Greenlighting, Commissioning and ATP)
- Conduct technical review of completed design packages for completion of commissioning workbook as well as any other activation documents.
- Qualify current and future network designs for feasibility and model compliance.
- Perform updates and modifications to active systems (Software/Firmware Revisions)
- Coordinate activation trouble shooting activities until system reaches carrier acceptance.
- Problem solve and trouble shoot by following issue tree for problem assessment.
- Collaborate with construction and product teams to maintain OEM relationship and roadmap for future capabilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technologies or closely related fields combined with 2-4 years of professional wireless infrastructure technical/engineering experience, or a minimum of 5 years of job relevant experience without the formal degree.
- iBwave certification is strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively. + Analytical mindset coupled with determined problem-solving abilities.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management, and team members to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines.
- Multi-state travel is required, and the jobholder must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass a standard pre-employment background check.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional airline and automobile travel required within business footprint.
Airwavz provides competitive salaries. Beginning base pay for this role is $90,000 – $110,000 depending on experience, qualifications, and other job relevant market data. Base pay ranges can be adjusted with market review updates and are subject to future modification as labor conditions warrant.
Airwavz provides a diverse slate of benefit offerings. A few of the company sponsored and subsidized programs include medical, dental and vision plans; a company matching 401k plan; life insurance and AD&D; flexible spending account programs; paid parental leave; an employee assistance program; paid-time-off; and flexible work arrangements.
Candidates must successfully pass pre-employment background check. COVID-19: Vaccination is not required; however, all employees must comply with applicable business, regional and national ordinances pertaining to their work site location.
Airwavz Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.